Are you a talented college student with a creative soul? Are you a street-smart aspiring journalist with good writing and communication skills?Are you a compassionate human who cares about the community?
Then you’re at the right place! Social Pukar offers an exciting work-from-home internship opportunity to put your talent and skills to use for the betterment of our society.
Any college. Any degree. Any city.
Whether you are an Engineering student or an English literature student and whether you reside in Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra or West Bengal. We welcome you with arms wide open! Provided, you have what it takes to be a street-smart Student Reporter. Pull up your socks and stand quick on your feet!
What are the prerequisites for the Student Reporter Programme?
- A computer/laptop with an internet connection is a must.
- Fluent communication and writing skills are vital.
- We don’t expect you to know technical knowledge or jargon.
What does Social Pukar look for in Student Reporters?
- Dedication to make a difference, utilizing your talent of writing and other skills
- Innovative story ideas clubbed with creativity
- Efficient task completing abilities
- Willingness to learn and try new things
What if I am not a journalism or media student?
- You can still apply provided you have the skills and qualities as mentioned above.
- Irrespective of your educational background, you will be trained and guided throughout.
Is there any application fee?
- No, there is no application fee. This internship opportunity is a free-of-cost Programme.
How do I apply?
- Mail your C.V to- email@example.com
Is there anything else that I should include in my application?
- Apart from expressing your interest to joining our organization, we require writing samples to assess your work and style of writing.
- If your work has previously been published elsewhere then please provide the link to the same.
- If you are a blogger then please provide the link to your blog.
- Don’t worry, if you don’t have any published article or blog. You will be given a topic to write on by our team.
What is the process of becoming a Student Reporter?
- After we receive your C.V/resume, we do a quick assessment.
- Before an applicant is accepted as an intern, one must clear the interview (telephonic). Also, writing samples or published work is evaluated.
- If you meet the criteria then you’re all set to become a Student Reporter!
What can I expect to learn and do as a Student Reporter?
- This is subjective to each one’s potential and work performance. However, every Student Reporter is expected to file one full story during the internship period under the guidance of the mentor.
- This Programme is designed to give good exposure to interns across a variety of activities like- content creation & writing, interviewing, research, article writing, editing etc.
What are the work timings and days?
- This is NOT a 9-5 boring job. There are no fixed work timings as it’s project or task based.
- Similarly, there are no fixed working days. A Student Reporter may be given a task over weekend too
- This is a 30-day internship Programme
Do I get paid or receive a stipend?
- No, this is an unpaid internship.
- You may not gain money but you’re sure to gain hands-on experience and knowledge which is priceless.
Social Pukar reserves the right to reject an intern if he/she fails to dutifully complete the given projects and tasks on time and as per expectations.